All 26 art Reviews

Night, Colour Night, Colour

These wordless pages are probably my favorites out of your whole webcomic, just because they can tell a plethora of things without a single letter. Also great work on the composition!

Morthagg responds:

Yeah, I like doing the wordless comics. It makes me play more with the composition and general feel, I think. Thanks!

Penelope Penelope

I have no words for how flawless the composition is. That umbrella.

practice 1 practice 1

The proportions of this character aren't balanced very well. Her upper half is kept in realistic proportions while her legs/hips are incredibly exaggerated, making her look less human as a result.
I know from your other works that you generally like to exaggerate the pelvis area (so do I) but I recommend studying and drawing realistic proportions some more before you continue to do so. Getting a grip on realistic anatomy helps with exaggeration too and will aid you in keeping even exaggerated bodies believable.
Breasts physics could use some study, but I'm not an expert in this field.
Her neck area looks a little caved-in because of the shading.

Attend life drawing courses or look at stock/nude photography on the internet, it'll help you greatly especially with things like the shading in the neck area when both arms are lifted up.

immaboreddude responds:

Thanks for the advice it really help me. now I now what I need to work the most.
gonna try using references for my next works. :)

Kmau and Serny Kmau and Serny

Woo I don't know what to say. Karen and Senry look amazing in your style! Composition and background are great and their reflections on the ground are mind-blowing.
You've really outdone yourself, thanks a lot!

RYKEO responds:

Awesome! Thanks kmau,i tried out some new things with this fanart and i thought what better way but to draw some of my favorite characters.

Forest Picnic Forest Picnic

This looks way different from what you usually do and it also seems way more refined. I would love to see this style more often!

Ktullanyx responds:

Too bad! You won't.

Beast Warrior Beast Warrior

I really love the sketchy lines combined with your great coloration. The character is pretty interesting to look at, from his anatomy, clothing, color palette up to his face - that's my only gripe with this. He has a really feminine face, so much that the thumbnail made me think its gonna be a woman. Matter of taste though!

Pose Practice Pose Practice

This is easily my favorite piece in your gallery. Albeit simplistic it shows your understanding of realistic proportions and the faces of your characters carry strong expressions with only few lines that make it easy to read their personalities. Especially this illustration emits a warm welcoming feel.
Can't wait to see your art evolve further!

Unwelcome Return (pt 3) Unwelcome Return (pt 3)

Oh I know how you feel.. regarding Bioshock Infinite.

Machias: Stone Artisan Machias: Stone Artisan

Nice professional non-overloaded design and concept here. Nothing more to say.

Pardon? Pardon?

I'm sure many artists can relate to this.. on another note, your facial expressions are pure genius - you can like.. you're done. Go to Face-Valhalla.
Also lol at the background people.

Morthagg responds:

Thanks man! To be honest, I still feel like I need a lot of practice concerning expressions (especially in more realistic drawings), but this was good practice anyway. And ha, I was wondering if anybody noticed the background scene :p